Sunday, June 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Kennedy!

From KJ's birthday Party

Today is Kennedy's 4th birthday! I can't believe she is four years old. It seems like not long ago I pushed for FOUR long hours to bring her into this world! The festivities began on Thursday when my mom and Dave got here. They let her open a couple of presents that night. Then on Friday we spent the day at Grant's Farm, which was a lot of fun. Friday night, Aunt Betsy got here and she opened more presents. Saturday was the big princess party. We've always just had big family parties, with one or two close friends of hers there, but this year was a "friends" party. She was so excited. For weeks, she toyed between a High School Musical Party or a Princess Party, and finally settled on the latter...which I was glad about because it seemed easier to pull off! We played "Pin Cinderella in the Castle Window", "Hot Tiara "(like Hot Potato) and Saturday morning a few hours before the party she reminded me we hadn't bought a pinata yet...so I made a last minute trip to the party store for a pinata. I hadn't really forgotten about it, but I thought she had, so I hadn't bought one...whoops! We did learn that she has quite a baseball swing...we may have to look into softball in the next few years. She made Aunt Betsy proud! We enjoyed our castle cake, she opened more presents, and then we played outside for a little bit. Overall, I would say it was a success! This morning she got to blow out candles in her donuts, and chose Steak-n-Shake for her birthday meal after church. We were going to go to the park, but it turned into a rainy day, so we played on the playground at the mall and finished by watching Bedtime Stories together. Click on the picture for more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a neat castle cake-good going, Mom! Sure wish Papa & Nana could have been there. You are our sweet princess. Love you! Papa & Nana