Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Surgery Day


We got up at 5:30 this morning to go to the hospital for Ansley's tubes. She was just as happy as could be until we had to put her in the hospital gown. Then she was fine until anyone new came in the room to take a peek at her. The surgery lasted about 10 minutes, went fine, and then we had to wait for her to recover. THAT was not fun! She cried really hard for at least an hour. Finally, they gave her some motrin and she cried herself to sleep on my shoulder. We got home a little after 9:00 and after a big bottle of milk, she was pretty much herself again. In fact, Jeremy just took the girls to play at the park for a few minutes. It's almost hot today! The ice cream truck just came by too and of course we had to make a purchase! It's supposed to be even warmer tomorrow, but I think thunderstorms are expected. If we wake up to sun though, I think we'll venture out to the zoo. Ansley has really taken a liking to animals lately. I think she would really enjoy the zoo now.

In other news, thanks to everyone for the kind words in regards to my running. Last night on our way home from a park, Jeremy dropped me off 2.5 miles away from our house so I could run back home. I wonder what the people driving by thought seeing him slow down the car, and me jump out and start running! Jeremy had miscalculated the time that he dropped me off, and as I was running onto our driveway he was loading up the girls to come search for me! He thought I had been gone 45 minutes, but it had only been 30. I'm glad he was thinking of me though!

Kennedy has been a bit concerned about leprechauns today. I told her about St. Patrick's Day and how we wear green so we don't get pinched. But her friends Abby and Bailey really get into the day. We played at their house yesterday, and they had leprechaun traps set up to catch the leprechauns. At their house, the leprechauns have been known to pull stunts like rearrange furniture so they were trying to trap them this year. I don't think Kennedy quite knew what to think of that. We have had many questions about where the leprechauns are today. She was a bit concerned when I changed her into different clothes to go to the park because they weren't green. Hopefully we don't start having nightmares about little green men!

No comments: