Monday, January 12, 2009


Warning: This is not a super exciting almost 5 minute long video...but we wanted the grandparents to be able to see what she does in tumbling class. Feel free to watch it if you want, but don't say I didn't warn you!
Kennedy has been taking classes at the Little Gym for the past few months. It is an hour long class every Monday morning. It usually takes the first 20 minutes or so for her to get warmed up and really ready to participate. She doesn't really like the silly running around they do to warm up, but she loves the balance beam and bars. She will hardly talk to her teachers, and is very timid. In fact, one day one of her teachers came to me after class and said "Kennedy and I actually had a conversation!". This is so strange to watch, because she is so different around people she knows. We also found she has a nervous habit/tick. She either pulls her shoulders up to her ears or puts her hands in her mouth (or both) when she is nervous or unsure. You'll see that quite a bit in the video. However, as soon as we get in the van she talks my ear off telling me all about what happened and then when we get home, she shows me her routines over and over again. She is constantly trying to do cartwheels, tuck jumps, etc. Well, today was her "show" day, so Jeremy came along to watch and video tape. You'll notice she acts like she doesn't know what to do without her teacher's help, however, I guarantee she knew both the floor routine and balance beam routine by memory and could have very well done it on her own...but she doesn't let her teachers know that! I wish I could've gotten Ansley on tape at the very beginning when Kennedy comes out (with the help of her teacher) and does her first cartwheel. Ansley was so excited, threw her hands in the air, screamed, and then clapped, saying "KK" over and over. It was so cute and you can hear her in the video. She really liked watching her big sis.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sure wish I could have seen that in person. What a cutie! Love Nana

Gary, Megan and Beth said...

I loved the video. She is good at tumbling. I see what you mean about the shoulder and putting her fingers in her mouth. Kennedy shy? I couldn't believe my eyes. She did a great job! Thanks for sharing.
Megan

Betsy said...

I love it. I saw the step, kick, step, kick and I felt proud...almost like I had a part in that b/c of all the Christmas practice. She's so cute. If only people knew that she's never that quiet at home!