Monday, May 5, 2008

My beautiful daughter


Saturday night at the dinner table our conversation went like this:
Jeremy: "Kennedy, did you know you have a beautiful mom? Isn't she so beautiful?"
Kennedy: "No she's not." (I pretend to cry)
Jeremy: "Yes she is. And you are so pretty too."
Kennedy: "No I'm not." (I quit pretending to cry thinking she's just being negative this evening. Then she continues...) "I'm BEAUTIFUL!"
Wow! Harsh words from my almost 3 year old. I didn't take it to heart though. She was in a definite mood. Usually she's my self esteem booster. I love taking her in the dressing room at stores with me. It doesn't matter if the outfit looks hideous, she will dramatically exclaim "Mom you look beautiful"!
She also has begun realizing that red means stop and green means go when I am driving. The other day I turned right on red and she freaked out just a bit. I had to try and explain that sometimes you can go on red. This is fun stuff.

No comments: