Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Birthday Money

Kennedy will be 3 in less than two weeks. We got to see some of Jeremy's family this weekend in St. Louis and they gave her some birthday money. Usually I put money given to her in the bank, but since we are in the process of a move and I am packing most of her toys, I thought I would let her spend it on something new to occupy her this week. So we went to Target today. She kept talking about how she was going to buy a new guitar (I have no idea why) and I just kept saying, "let's just see what they have". We got to the toy section and I explained that she might not have enough money for some of the toys and we needed to look around and she what she could afford. We looked and she would pick something up and I would say "let's keep looking to make sure that's what you want." I don't know what I was hoping she would pick out, but she kept going to toys that were way too young for her that I knew she would get bored with very easily.

Then she saw it.

Troy and Gabriella dolls from High School Musical.
Kennedy had no idea what High School Musical was three months ago. Then we found out that kids her age love it. Jeremy, fearful that Kennedy wouldn't be as cool as her friends, went out and bought the DVD for her, and we haven't stopped watching it since. We have also purchased the CD so we can listen to the songs all the time. We have rented High School Musical 2 a few times, and she is getting that CD for her birthday. In fact, this weekend she started calling me Gabriella, and Jeremy, Troy. As we walked around Target she would say "Gabriella, I see you on that lamp! Gabriella, you're on that shirt!" It was quite humorous and a little embarrassing as well. But once she saw the dolls, there was no turning back. I couldn't talk her into any other toys. That was what she wanted. So we went to the front of the store and she handed the cashier the dolls and her money. She even had a little money to spare.

Luckily, she has a great imagination, and they will keep her very occupied. I have already in the 10 minutes she has had them at home had to take many pictures of them together, as well as fix Gabriella's hair, take off Troy's shirt, and tell them it's okay if they don't want to go swimming. What? Now it's time to make them all lunch. Troy wants cheese pizza and Gabriella wants a hot dog. Kennedy would like grilled cheese, so I've got a lot of cooking to do :)

1 comment:

Betsy said...

Gabriella...we loved your post. In case you were wondering, I'd like fettucini alfredo and Stacy wants manicotti for lunch so add that to your list of things to prepare. Let us know if you need help because...we're all in this together!

p.s. Get your head in the game!