Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Happy Tuesday!

Here's the face of a happy Kennedy after she found out that High School Musical 3 came out on video today. We rented it from Redbox for her watching enjoyment. She only saw it twice in the theaters and the last time was back in November, so she was quite excited. I'm so tempted just to go buy it for her, but the plan is to give it to her for her birthday in June...if we can wait that long.

And now for an update on something I'm sure you're all dying to know about. My running. You can't really tell from the pictures, but the shoes are being broken in quite nicely. I'm on week five, and actually started running more than I walk now. It's funny because after the first week and running only a total of 6 minutes, I thought I was gonna die! My body ached, I felt like I had asthma, and I didn't know how I would ever keep it up. Today I ran a total of 18 minutes, and while I didn't enjoy every minute of it, I could still breathe afterward and felt pretty good.


I finally brought along the iPod today, and don't know why I hadn't done that before! It was so much nicer to run to music. Just four more weeks and I should be running 30 minutes straight. I still don't know how I will do that, but I also didn't know how I would get to where I am now, and somehow I did, so I'll just keep truckin!

In other news, Jeremy is the only one that hasn't caught the nasty cold that I somehow got last week. Ansley has it bad now, and it's just starting on Kennedy. I was out with a fever for a couple of days, and just felt miserable. Ansley hasn't slept all week, and Kennedy's nose is all stuffed up. Fun times. Kennedy had a preschool screening today. She did really well and scored high for her age. There was one section about cause/effect that was pretty cute. They gave her a statement for her to finish like "If I was thirsty I would ________" and she said "get a drink". However the next statement was "If I walked into I dark room I would _______". The answer they were looking for was "turn on the light" but she replied with "cry." The last one was "If I broke something I would ________". Her reply: "I wouldn't break something." She must've forgotten about the two computers of mine that she has broken. :)

1 comment:

Gary, Megan and Beth said...

Laura, I know how you feel. We have had the same thing at our house. First, Beth got it. Now I have it. The last week has been sleepless for Beth Anne. Except for last night. She slept all night. I don't think it will be long and Gary will be getting it. We will be praying for you all. Hope everyone gets well soon.
Megan