Monday, November 3, 2008

Weekend Recap

Jeremy was gone this weekend with the youth group, so I decided rather than stay home alone and deal with sugar highs all by myself, I would take the girls to my mom's house in East Peoria. We went up Wednesday so we could "Trunk or Treat" at my mom's church. Kennedy had a lot of fun with that, and continued to wear her Ariel wig through church that night. Thursday we spent the day with Grandma Horsley and went to "Crackel Barrel" as Kennedy calls it. Her and Ansley had so much fun playing with their Great-Grandma. Friday we went to my mom's school for her classroom Halloween Party and Kennedy got lots of treats there. Then on Friday night, my Grandma kept Ansley for us, and Kennedy, my mom and I went trick-or-treating together. The weather was awesome and Kennedy didn't even have to wear a jacket. Last year she didn't really know what to think about trick-or-treating, but this year she had it down pat. After each house she would say "I just love trick or treating!". Then at one point she said "Why doesn't everyone tell me how cute I look?" I guess had heard that so often, she expected it at every house. My vain little child. After she asked that though, it seemed like almost every house we stopped at said something to that affect. She certainly got lots of comments about her red hair. However, thanks to the time change and coming down off the sugar high, Sunday was a pretty awful day. Kennedy was in quite a mood and had many meltdowns. We went to our old church, and she was very excited to see her old friends, but leading up to church and following church was one big crying at every little thing fest. It probably made us leaving easier on my mom! Here are some pictures from our visit.







1 comment:

Heidi said...

Kennedy is an adorable Ariel. Laura- what are you going to do about those snakes???? It's giving me the willies and I'm 8 hours away!