Friday, November 21, 2008

Houston Trip

I know I already posted today. But it's Friday night, the girls are in bed, Jeremy has company, and there's nothing good on tv. Be prepared. This is not the last post today. There are more to come. I am playing catch-up. We went to Houston last week so Jeremy could help with some Hurricane Ike clean-up and I could visit with some family and friends. It was a great trip overall, and I got to see all my siblings on this trip! I realize that pretty much makes me the best sister in the world, and now I fully expect both sisters and brother to come visit us soon! :)

We first drove to Rogers, Arkansas and stayed with Betsy for the evening. It only takes about five hours to get there. The next morning we got up, went to see her class at school, and then got on the road around 10am. Finally around 9pm, we arrived in Houston. It was a long drive, but the girls were champs. My brother and sister-in-law live in Houston, and my older sister lives in San Antonio, so she and her two kids came over for the weekend. The four cousins had lots of fun together, and I'm pretty sure we helped Jeremy and Kendal decide they didn't want to have kids for a long time!

Later in the week we got to spend some time with our great friends, the Venables, that lived in Peoria for a short time. They now live in Houston and have a little girl Mabry that is almost two, and is a doll. We went out for some Mexican food one evening and then Addie, I, and the girls spent a day at the mall together.

To top off the week, we even got to make a trip to IKEA and the Cheesecake Factory, which are both little slices of heaven for me...I just wish I had more money to spend there (at IKEA that is)! On the way home we stopped back at Betsy's again and helped her get some Christmas decorations set up. Then we made the last leg of the trip home. Here are some pictures of the cousins together, and one of Betsy and the girls.







No comments: