Saturday, October 4, 2008

A What???


So, I have enjoyed living in St. Louis so far. I haven't had any complaints. Until tonight. The evening started off great. A couple of youth group girls came to babysit and Jeremy took me to see Nights in Rodanthe, which was great by the way, except I knew what was going to happen because I had read the book. We even finished off the night at Starbucks. However, as we got home, he parked his car in the driveway (we didn't want to take the minivan on the date...so we could at least pretend we were cool, you know in our '97 Camry) and we ventured in through the garage. Well, I have had a running list on our fridge pretty much since we moved in of things we need done. One is to clean out the garage, and put a light in it. Our garage is very dark and I have reminded Jeremy numerous times (kindly and lovingly of course) that he needs to get a light in there (the garage is his territory). I think after tonight, he may work on that tomorrow. Back to the story. I was going in the garage first and walked right on into the house. I heard a gasp from Jeremy behind me when I realized I stepped right over a SNAKE! He freaked out, and I would have, had I realized what I had done, but I was already inside the house safe and sound and he was left in the garage to figure out what to do and how to get the snake out of the garage and get himself back into the house. It was pretty humorous to say the least. I got the heebie jeebies after I had time to process what happened, and was very glad I was wearing my high heel boots for our hot date, and not flip flops. I realize Peoria has snakes, but I never saw one that close to the inside of my house--and if that's the only complaint I have about St. Louis so far, I guess we're doing pretty good! By the way, we did not take a picture of our little slithering friend, but that's pretty much what he looked like! Yuck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did not "freak out"...I did see "Nights in Rodanthe" though.

Scott and Denise said...

I would have for sure "freaked out" and I would be thinking about moving. I love reading your blog Laura, you make me laugh you are so funny. Your little princess is precious by the way.

Love you,
Denise