Friday, October 24, 2008

Sisters Sisters



I grew up with an older sister and a younger sister. We didn't always get along, but looking back, I have more good memories than bad. Today, we are all closer than ever, even though we are all far apart. I was blessed to have sisters (okay, maybe a brother too), and I am so glad my girls have a sister. It's so cute to watch them. Sure, Ansley is young, but she already adores her big sister. There are many times I have to ask Kennedy to leave the room when I am trying to feed Ansley, because even though Ansley LOVES to eat, she also really LOVES to watch her big sister in action...even more than eating! I love watching Ansley giggle at Kennedy, and I love watching Kennedy care for Ansley. Ansley loves playing with Kennedy, and Kennedy usually loves playing with Ansley. I know it won't always be that way, but for right now I'm enjoying it. I know one day Ansley will want to tag along with her older sister and Kennedy will not want her too. I still feel the need to apologize to my older sister Stacy for spending the night with her at her friend Stacey's house...I can't believe I did that...sorry Stacy. One day they may be able to share clothes, instead of hand-me-downs. I remember whenever Stacy came home from college it was like Christmas having our wardrobes doubled! But, I also know what it's like to have a younger sister. Someone to boss around and someone who wants to play with their older sister so badly they will endure hours of being a "student" while the older one is the "teacher". Poor Betsy, I was trying to teach her long division when she was 4. The amazing thing was, she caught on to some of it, which is why I credit her intelligence to me. Of course, I also credit her basketball skills to me as well. Had I not played basketball in eighth grade she may never developed the interest. Nevermind she was there to watch her idol Heather dominate on the court. She still likes to tell the story about when my dad raved about my best game ever. Something like 2 fouls and a rebound, I don't really remember, it probably wasn't even that good! And, I can obviously credit the fact that she is such a strong Christian woman with the fact that we would play "church" endlessly when she was little. Who cares if all that consisted of was eating saltines and drinking grape juice from medicine cups? Just kidding Betsy, I can take no credit for your skills or who you are today, but I did enjoy playing with you as a kid! I am so thankful for my sisters, and so thankful that my girls have sisters. They are such a blessing.

2 comments:

Davies Family said...

If it's any consolation, I didn't even remember that you spent the night with me at Stacey's until you just reminded me...but now I'm mad about it. Just kidding. :) I'm thankful for you gals too...and Jer of course! :)

Betsy said...

Desarae and I just laughed out loud reading your blog while at Midnight Oil. She says hi by the way. it's a good thing that I didn't realize it at the time that the only reason you put up with me was b/c I was someone you could "teach", "preach to," or fine tune into a well oiled basketball machine. I owe it all to you!