Thursday, October 2, 2008

More to come soon..

Sorry, no pictures this time...I'll do that soon. Just a quick update on what's going on around here. I'll start with a funny story. Kennedy has been having a mixture of quiet time/nap time. I set her Dora alarm clock and give her about 3o minutes to play on her floor and when the alarm goes off she must move to her bed, where she can continue playing...however she falls asleep there everyday. It's working out pretty well. Today though, I went in her room during the playing on the floor part to put some clothes away. Her room was a disaster! I said to her "Kennedy how do you get your room such a disaster?" in my most tired/frustrated voice. Her reply: "Mom, I'm just so curious." I couldn't help but laugh and grab and give her a big hug. She has a way of making me smile even when I'm worn out.

Ansley is changing by the day. She's still army crawling, although occasionally she'll get up on her knees and move a few steps, but then decides back down on her arms is easier. She also started pulling up on things too. Today she did the sign for "more" for the first time. We've been working on that sign for a couple of weeks now...actually I should say I've been working on that sign with her, but of course she did it for the first time for Daddy. Once we've got it down pat, we'll move on to "please" and "thank-you". Guess I did those kind of backwards...

Kennedy started a tumbling class this week at the Little Gym. She is painfully shy in those situations. I'm hoping it helps her come out of her shell a little. She really enjoyed it. I was so nervous that she wouldn't participate with out me holding her hand (which is impossible for me to do when I have to entertain Ansley...sure do miss having Great-Grandma Horsley close by to help out!) that I bribed her and told her I would take her to McDonald's afterwards if she was a brave girl and did it all by herself. After watching her shyly watch the kids for the first 10 minutes I went out to give her a pep talk. She said "I'm not crying mom! Do I get McDonalds?". I had to explain to her that she would have much more fun actually participating, which she did start to do. And, yes, she got to go to McDonald's afterwards, but I made sure she understood this would not be a weekly occurence! The Little Gym also offers a free class for Ansley until she is 10 months, so we went to that last week. She enjoyed it...I would never pay for her to go, but while it's free we may take advantage of it.

This past weekend our friends the Campbells came to visit. We have lots of pictures but I don't have access to them right now. We'll get those posted soon though. We had a great time, and Kennedy LOVED having her two little best girlfriends here for an entire weekend!

Well, I said this would be quick, and it's turned into a book. Things we are looking forward to that you can expect to read about soon:
--Tonight we are going as a family to the Magic House...Jeremy has not been with us yet, so Kennedy is excited to show him around. Our realtors are having a free evening for their clients there tonight with caramel apples, door prizes, etc., so we are taking advantage!
--This Saturday Kennedy and I are going back to the Magic House to have a tea party with Cinderella, Prince Charming, and the Fairy Godmother. She is SOOOOO excited about this, and has been deliberating over which princess dress she should wear.
--Next weekend we are going to the zoo with Aunt Robbi, Steve, and Zach, as they will be coming through town on their way home from Branson. Again, Kennedy is ecstatic about seeing them as well (and of course so are we)!
--We also are getting to go to Oklahoma City in a few weeks to see Adam, Heidi, and Chelsea, while Jeremy is setting up a booth at a job fair so he can find summer youth interns. The girls and I will also be making a trip to Peoria for Halloween, while Jeremy is away at a retreat, and then we are looking at making a trip to Houston in the beginning of November to help my brother's church with Hurricane Relief.
Busy busy! Hope everyone is having a great fall so far!

1 comment:

The Venables said...

I loved reading all your updates! However, I must say my favorite part was the second to last line......Houston??!! Come on now, don't tease us!:) We would really love to see y'all if you end up coming our way. If need be, we will hop on down to Clear Lake and help out, too! Hope we get to see y'all soon!