Monday, September 1, 2008

Uh oh!

We had a little accident in the Picker household late last week. Not a potty accident...I wish it were only that. No, a very bad accident. It was not pretty. Let me explain. We have two laptop computers. Why two? Do we really need both of them? Well, no, probably not. But it sure is nice and convenient. When Jeremy started his new job, the church bought him a new one for work, so I got his old one. Of course it's not too terribly old, because his old one got accidentally knocked off the couch onto the hardwood floor about a year and a half ago by the little angel pictured above. Did she know better? Not really, she wasn't even two yet. Did we know better than to leave our $1200 Macbook on the couch? Absolutely...but for some reason, there it was. Did we learn our lesson? Apparently not. Last week, "my" Macbook was on the couch...
That's when the accident occurred. Did I put it there? Probably, but Jeremy and I are both guilty as charged. You can typically find one of our computers on the couch, or the ottoman, and sometimes even the floor...we're risky. Too risky. Kennedy had a full water bottle and spilled it--all over the computer. It's no longer working. I'm very sad. While I know we don't need two computers, it sure was nice to be able to check my email, facebook and update the blog whenever I got the chance...but alas, now I will have to wait until Jeremy is home from work everyday. I was spoiled and it makes me sick to my stomach that I didn't learn my lesson the first time, and made another $1200 mistake! So Jeremy's laptop will never again be left anywhere in reach of children in the living room. It now rests up on the counter next to the old one that is "drying out" in hopes maybe it will come back to life.

1 comment:

HW said...

OH!!!
Well...um...bless her heart.

But she IS pretty darn cute.

I'm saving up for a lap top. My husband offered to use "our" Christmas money for a new one but I feel guilty doing that (he has his own from work too) Plus if it's mine, all mine, I don't have to share....

Whatever will you do when you have a bloggable moment and can't blog unti Jeremy gets home?