Monday, August 25, 2008

Milestones

We've had two major milestones in the Picker household this week. I hesitate to blog about them though, because it seems like everytime I blog about something I jinx myself. For example, a few months ago I blogged about Ansley loving her binky. The next day she would have nothing to do with it...and still doesn't like it. I also blogged about potty training Kennedy a while back...yep, shouldn't have done that either. However, this time I think I am safe. She has had an entire week in underwear with no accidents! She doesn't even wear pull-ups out in public, and she use public restrooms too! She just doesn't like the "loud flushes" that some public restrooms have, so she plugs her ears and waits by the sink while I flush. Jeremy and I decided to reward her with a complete surprise the other night. We took her to Build-a-Bear and let her make her own High School Musical Bear. She was so excited. The rest of the evening I heard her say at least 6 times "I just can't believe I have this bear...I'm so excited!" Since then, the bear has not left her side. "Taylor" the bear has gone with us to church, slept with her, and joined us today at the Magic House (which by the way is an awesome Children's Museum that we plan on visiting quite frequently!)


Milestone number 2 involves Ansley. She has slept through the night every night for an entire week! This has been great for mommy, who is now also getting uninterrupted sleep! It makes us all very happy!
And this is not a huge milestone, but important none the less. . . Ansley has started enjoying her first finger food...Peach Puffs. I like this picture because she's so longingly looking at me as if saying "How do you get this lid off woman?"
And then this one shows her studying the nutrition facts...watching her figure I guess.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What big girls! We are so proud of Kennedy. I can't believe how big Ansley looks. Hugs & kisses to both. Papa & Nana

Anonymous said...

I love love love your family!!! I miss you guys!!!