Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Little Man, Big Talker


Ian had his 15 month appointment today and his stats are as follows:

Weight: 24 lbs. 5.2 oz (50th%)
Height: 33 inches (90-97th%)
Head: 20.75 inches (>97th%)

The doctor asked how many words Ian said. I didn't have a number off the top of my head, but my response was "a lot." The doctor said "Like 6 words?", and I replied, "No, definitely more than 6." So he said "Maybe 10 words?", and again, my response was "Definitely more than 10." So the doctor said "More than 20, do you think?", and I said "Yes, probably more than 20." Honestly, though, I've never counted. So tonight at dinner we made a list of all of Ian's words. Here they are in no particular order:
book, ball, baby, baba (bottle), wa-wa (water), Momma, Daddy, Ansley and Kennedy (or something similar to their names), Lace (for Lacee, our friend living with us right now), hi, hello, bye-bye, Bible, up, down, nose, eyes, mouth, belly, butterfly (kind of), dog, kitty, Dora, Boots, Swiper, "Oh man!" (thanks to Swiper the Fox), Elmo, Spongebob, bus, schoolbus, tow truck, big rig, doctor, juice, turtle, God, bath, diaper, shoe, Blues Clues, jinx, puffs, apple, cracker, grapes, pancake, thank you, please, yes, Nana, Papa, Betsy, Grandma/pa, Stacy, Ty-ty (Tyler), Josh...
and I'm sure there's more, but that's what we came up with! Looks like over 50 to me! Of course, he's always so quiet around other people until he warms up, but I'm thinking he's going to be a lot like his daddy...a big talker! :)

1 comment:

Betsy said...

I made the list!!!!!