Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sick, sick sick!

These last three weeks have been brutal! Between snow days and sick days, Kennedy has been at school a total of five days! The first week, she had a sore throat and fever. The next week her and Ansley both had Strep Throat. This past week, Kennedy improved, but Ansley still had a fever. The poor girl was sick on her birthday. In fact, she has yet to eat a piece of birthday cake proving she's really not feeling well!!! Early Thursday morning, I had to take Ian to the ER because he was having a hard time breathing. Turns out he has RSV, which is really no fun at all. We have to give him breathing treatments every four hours, and pump Motrin and Tylenol into him for fevers. He has been miserable, which in turn is making Jeremy and me miserable. It's hard seeing your baby like that! Tonight, just as I thought Ansley was finally getting better, she wouldn't stop crying and I took her temperature only to discover she has a fever again. The doctor says it's most likely RSV too. Between the snow and sickness, I have left the house to go to the doctor (at least once every week), go to the ER, run to the grocery store (mainly for prescriptions) and I got to volunteer at Kennedy's school for a few hours the other day while Jeremy's mom was in town. Saying I have cabin fever would be a HUGE understatement. Luckily this past week with all the ice and snow, Jeremy worked from home and helped me out. Unfortunately, this week is not looking up at all. I am very ready for spring and the end of all these nasty germs!!!

One of the few smiles we've gotten from Ian since he's been sick
This doesn't happen unless she's sick!
What we do every four hours...

1 comment:

HW said...

I'm so sorry this is happening to your sweet little ones. I know you'd rather take those sicknesses on yourself than watch your babies suffer.

Having said that; I encourage you to be kind to yourself. If you can squeeze out an hour where somebody can care for the kids do something that recharges you - like running out to get your favorite beverage and a magazine. Lie on your bed and read a book until you doze off.
It's very important for mom to keep herself emotionally AND physically well while going through a time like this.

Prayers going up for your family. What a stressful time.