Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Out of the Mouths...

When my kids say something funny, everyone always says "you need to write that down." Well, this is the easiest way to do it, so here you go!

(disclaimer) *I'm nursing Ian and many of these revolve around that.

Consider yourself warned.

One day Ansley and Kennedy were playing "mommy and baby." Jeremy and I overheard Kennedy say "Baby, it's time to come eat your dinner!" Ansley crawled over to Kennedy, Kennedy lifted up her shirt, pointed to her right you know what and said "This one has white milk in it", and then pointed to her left side and said "and this one has chocolate milk in it." Ansley then PRETENDED to take a drink from the chocolate side (it's the only type of milk she likes :)

This morning Ansley asked if she could watch "necklace" aka Netflix. Jeremy asked her what she wanted to watch on Netflix and her reply was "Michael Jackson's This is It!" The scary part is that she actually sat and watched it...for the second time! Of course we do fast forward through some parts like Thriller!

The other night I made a super easy dinner using leftover spaghetti sauce. I cooked some rigatoni noodles, poured the sauce on top and topped it all with cheese to bake in the oven. I'm just a regular gourmet chef, I know! Kennedy RAVED about this meal and ate three helpings of it. She then proceeded to tell me that I needed to give the recipe to everyone I know. At one point she even said "Man, Ian is going to love your milk tonight!" I think Jeremy and my jaw both hit the table with that one.

Friday night when Jeremy was taking the girls to their Daddy Daughter Dance, Kennedy brought me her teddy bear and asked if I would babysit it. She then proceeded to tell me that she had some of her milk for him and it was in the fridge and he was to have it at 6:21. Of course when I told Jeremy that, she got quite red in the face and denied it!

So what can I say? My girls are obsessed with nursing and Michael Jackson...who would've ever thought???

No comments: