Friday, February 11, 2011

Daddy Daughter Dance and More

Right now as I type, Jeremy is at a Daddy/Daughter dance with our two girls. Excited would be an understatement for those two! They both picked out their fanciest dresses, accessorized with the jewelry of their choice, and begged Jeremy to wear a bow tie, which he did. Kennedy really wanted to wear makeup (hello, you're 5!?!) but I compromised by letting her put some glittery stuff on her cheeks. They were going to eat at O'Charley's first (2 kids can eat free for every one adult!) and then off to the dance. They should be home in about an hour and I can't wait to hear how it went. Here's a picture of them right before they left.

In other news, Jeremy seemed to have caught the nasty germs that have been lingering in this house the other day. He's battling a cold and feeling pretty crummy. I was just bragging yesterday how I somehow missed all the germs when I woke up this morning feeling as if I had hit a freight train in my sleep. I visited the Take Care Clinic at Walgreens only to find I that I have strep throat. I shouldn't really be surprised I guess, but it came out of nowhere! Now I'm praying our girls don't get it again. So all day I've been under blankets shivering and feeling pretty awful. Luckily Ian is peacefully sleeping next to me and has been since Jeremy and the girls left.

As for the kids, they finally all seem to be doing better! Ian had a check-up today and his lungs sound clear again, Praise the Lord! He has lost some weight because he hasn't been eating very well, but the doctor wasn't too concerned about it. I'm ready for everyone to be feeling better so things can get back to normal. I've been living in either sweatpants or pajamas for about a month now. The ponytail has been my hairstyle of choice...every day. In fact, the other night after my shower, my hair was down, and Kennedy exclaimed "Mom, your hair is so pretty down!" Guess she forgot what it looked like. Then yesterday I was getting ready and Ansley said "Mom I will help you get dressed." She then went to my dresser drawer and pulled out a pair of sweat pants! And I'm normally not the type of person to live in sweats and not fix my hair, but lately I just haven't seen a reason to take time getting ready!

1 comment:

Barb said...

What? No mention of Kennedy's funny comment about how much Ian would like his milk after that great supper you cooked! :)