Thursday, October 14, 2010

Field Trip!





I had the pleasure of joining Kennedy and her class to a pumpkin patch this week for a field trip. We had a lot of fun and I was so glad to get to go with her and finally meet some of the kids in her class. I love the fact that kindergartners are still so young and eager to meet each other's parents. I think Kennedy got a little jealous at times when I was holding hands with two other students and not her! I also love that kids that age do not see a person's skin color, size, gender, etc. They all just love to play together regardless of what they look like. I know that will probably change for some of them sooner than later, if nothing more than girls not wanting to play with boys (which of course that will again change again a few years later!)

Tonight Kennedy starts Girl Scouts. She will be a Daisy Scout--keep that in mind when you are craving Girl Scout Cookies in a few months! :) Although I am not one of the leaders, I am helping out and going to the meeting with her tonight. After that, one of her friends from school is coming home with us until her parents get off work. They live right up the street from us, and the really crazy part is that her mom also grew up in East Peoria! In fact this little girl's uncle was in the same graduating class as my sister Stacy! It is such a small world!

These next few weeks are crazy busy with Halloween festivities, parent-teacher conferences, a bridal shower for Jeremy's sister, Jeremy's mom coming to town, a book fair at school that I am working, and more! I'm afraid though that the word "busy" may just become a normal part of our lives until Christmas is over! We have a few down weeks in November, but the closer we get to December, the closer we are getting to becoming a family of five! Yesterday Ansley asked me "Mommy, when is that baby Ian coming out of your belly anyways?" Not that she understands weeks, but probably in the next 8-9 weeks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

check out this book! it can really come in handy! (http://fc431kzvvbxile2y20zd315axj.hop.clickbank.net/)