Friday, October 8, 2010

Dora the Explorer

Ansley has never been super interested in the TV. However, there is one show that she loves that I let her watch each morning...Dora the Explorer. This picture shows where you can find my sweet child each morning while eating her breakfast. Notice she is totally focused on the TV. I have never seen a child so focused and engaged in a television show before. If you've never watched Dora before (consider yourself lucky), Dora asks a series of questions throughout the show, and Ansley answers every single one and does every single thing Dora asks her to do, as if Dora can see her doing it. It's quite funny. However, I give complete credit to Dora for teaching Ansley the shapes and some Spanish words. I have certainly never worked on those things with Ansley, yet she can show you a triangle, circle, square, and rectangle with no problem! In fact, as I'm typing this, she is yelling "Para!" which means "Stop!" in order to help Dora out. It's quite humorous!

No comments: