Thursday, September 9, 2010

And This Girl

This girl never ceases to crack me up! She loves being silly and making people laugh. I'm afraid she may someday be the class clown--unless she lets her "shyness" get in the way. I don't think she would actually have a shy bone in her body if she didn't see how her big sister acted at times. But since she sees Kennedy being shy, she often follows along. Her personality seems to be much more like her father, unlike Kennedy who is a carbon copy of me.

Ansley is perfectly content staying home all day playing either 1) Dora House or 2) Pink Castle (a Little People castle). Both of these items stay put in our living room and many of our mornings are spent on the rug playing with these two things. Mommy however, gets very bored playing these two things over and over that I often try to find some sort of errand to run each day, just to get out of the house! Besides just running errands, we have gone to the Magic House, Butterfly House, some parks together, and the library each week for story time, and she does enjoy doing those things. It's just trying to pull her away from the Dora House or Pink Castle that is hard. Once we're out of the house she is fine.

She LOVES macaroni and cheese and requests it daily for lunch. She's trying very hard to give up her naps, but I'm just not quite ready for that. Many days she plays quietly in bed and never actually goes to sleep. She loves watching her sister get on and off the bus and often tells us about all the things she will do when she is a big girl: "When I a big girl I going to ride the bus to school too." She is goofy, goofy, goofy, but very sensitive too. She does not like to get in trouble, and rarely does for that matter. She generally is pretty easy going and doesn't cause many problems around here. She is starting to get a bossy side and last night I overheard her tell Kennedy "We don't talk like dat in dis house." I'm not sure what Kennedy said to evoke that response, but Jeremy and I both chuckled when we heard it!

She has also decided she wants to be Velma for Halloween. That would be Velma from Scooby-Doo, you know the nerdy girl with glasses? I found a Daphne costume at a consignment store that I bought today thinking Kennedy may want to be Daphne for Halloween. That's when Ansley proclaimed she was going to be Velma. She has not stopped talking about being Velma since this morning. She has also asked me about 87 times when we will get her Velma costume. Looks like I'm now on a hunt for a red skirt and orange turtleneck for the child! Now I'm really hoping Kennedy will want to be Daphne...how cute would the two of them be?

1 comment:

Gary, Megan and Beth said...

Beth has been trying very hard to give up her naps, as well. So lately, I have been rocking her to sleep. Probably not the best solution. But, its either that or me worrying about her jumping out of her crib and getting hurt.
That Ansley, is precious. We love and miss you all.
Megan