Thursday, October 22, 2009

Halloween Preview

As I was typing the update to the previous post, the doorbell rang and it was the UPS man with the much anticipated Halloween costume. Kennedy has discovered the Wizard of Oz, and has quite a fascination with it. Early September she declared she was going to be Dorothy for Halloween. I emailed my mom and mother-in-law to ask them to keep their eyes/ears open for a costume. Did they ever come through! Nana (Jeremy's mom) bought her some "ruby red slippers" at Target and my mom volunteered to sew her a dress. She's had the shoes for quite some time, but I don't let her wear them very often in fear that all the red sparkles will fall off before Halloween. Pretty much since she found out Grandma (my mom) was going to make the dress, I think she has called her weekly to see how it is going.

Well today was the big day. I knew it was supposed to arrive today, but hadn't told Kennedy yet. When the doorbell rang and she saw me bring in the package, her eyes were as big as could be. It was like Christmas morning for her and she couldn't open the package fast enough! Lunch was then put on hold so we could fully change into the dress, and braid her hair just like Dorothy. Thank you so much to Nana for the shoes (she wants to wear them with everything!) and Grandma for the costume--I know it wasn't easy and took some time, but we really appreciate it!

As for Ansley, we are undecided about a costume. She was going to be this, (click on it for a picture of Kennedy at 18 months) but she's scared of the costume. Her back-up options are a Harding Cheerleader (which is what Kennedy was at age 2, but Ansley has her own outfit now) or a princess. I'm still hoping for the chicken, only because it will be nice and warm, but we'll see. Here are some pictures of Dorothy (and some of her sidekick, Ansley).








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How sweet! She looks just like Dorothy. We are so excited to see our sweet girls! Nana