Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Preschool!

Update:
Kennedy is home and had an awesome time! She said it was so much fun and her favorite part was recess (go figure!). She was a little bummed they didn't do a craft today and she didn't play with the dress up clothes, but I explained she will have many more days of preschool to do those things. I asked her if she learned any of the other kid's names, and all she could remember were two boys--Logan and Ethan--should I be worried? Ansley ran up and hugged her as she came out the door and has been pretty much attached to her side ever since. In fact, here's what I just caught them doing as I was typing this:

Let's hope for many more great days of preschoool! I also think Ansley will soon catch on to the idea of having mommy all to herself...I know I look forward to a little one-on-one time with her!

Original Post:





Today was the big day! Kennedy started preschool! She is going on Tuesday and Thursday mornings, and it is at the school that she will be attending next year for Kindergarten. Originally we were going to skip the whole preschool idea, but Kindergarten here is full-day and I can't imagine her going from no routine/structure to a full day of school next year! I think the socialization will be good for her too. Hopefully she make some friends that will be in Kindergarten with her next year. There is a Pre-K class that we could have sent her to, but it was a 5-day program, and I wasn't ready for that yet! So her class is with 3 and 4 year-olds, and is pretty basic (playtime, snacktime, recess--all the important things!) She has been SO excited about it though and last night was just plain giddy talking about it. I let her pick what she should eat for breakfast today, and she asked for a pink and purple donut (she's my daughter!), and luckily Walmart provided. I explained it was a special first day of school breakfast, and that she would not get to eat donuts very often before school! She also picked out a new outfit at Target last week for today, and then Nana sent some new clothes and goodies for her as well.

I figured today would be an easy day, as far as the drop-off went. I knew she was so excited, and she basically pushed us out the door after we got there. I'm hoping it stays that easy, but I think it will probably depend on how today goes and if it's all that she expected. Ansley was quite distraught as we were leaving Kennedy, saying "no no no no no" over and over. Since we've been home she keeps saying "K-K?" which is how she says Kennedy. I'll ask "where is Kennedy"? and she'll say "I no know". Here are a few pictures of our morning. I'll have to update later to let you know how her day went!

3 comments:

The Venables said...

Way to go KJ! I know she will have a blast. I think that is so great you waited until now to send her to pre-school. I hope I can hold out that long before sending Mabry. I think I will try and do something similar to what you are doing. I know some days with them at home are tough, but I also know we can never get those times back and time with their Mommies (and sisters) is so important! Can't wait to hear how the first day went!

Anonymous said...

She sure does look pretty cute! I know she'll have a good day and I can't wait to hear all about it. Ansley will love having her mama all to herself. Love you! Nana

Gary, Megan and Beth said...

What pretty girls. I'm glad that Kennedy is liking preschool. What fun times. I hope that it continues to go well. We love and miss you all.
Megan