Saturday, May 9, 2009

Race #2

Today was my second 5K. This was supposed to be the first one that I would run, and my little sister Betsy would come up to run with me. We both decided that we were ready to run one sooner, but she still came up to run this weekend. It was about 55 degrees, but felt great while running, and it was such a pretty scenic run through some of the streets of Webster Groves, which is quite a quaint little town, with lots of huge, old houses. My goal was 36 minutes. However, I really didn't expect to make it (pessimistic I realize), since I have slacked on my running the past few weeks. Betsy was kind enough to run with me, which was pretty slow for her, considering she won a trophy in her 5K last weekend! We finished in 37 minutes, which was a minute faster than my last race, so I'm happy with that. I honestly think had we not stopped for water twice, we would have finished in 36, because the water lines were pretty slow. But I'm not complaining, because that water was good! Jeremy and the girls came out to cheer us on and even took some pictures. I don't have another race on my schedule, but I definitely plan on continuing with my running!


4 comments:

Betsy said...

Let the record show that the reason I look like such a goob in the last picture (However, both of my feet are off the ground which is cool) is because had it not been for the guidance of my wise older sister, I would have run through the men's finish line. So I'm quickly changing directions, thus the funny picture. Also, let the record show that the reason I was unaware of the separate men and women's finish line is b/c in the 5K last week, there were only 7 women so no need for the two lines. Also, that's the only reason I got a trophy. Just wanted to set a few things straight. :)

Gary, Megan and Beth said...

Good job Betsy and Laura! I wish that I could do something like that. I love to run.
Megan

Davies Family said...

Way to go, you two studly women! Thank you for setting the record straight Betsy, although I am upset to know that you don't actually run an inch or two off the ground on a regular basis. I was thinking perhaps running wouldn't kill my knees if I could simply learn that skill. :)

Barb said...

Great job, you two! I'm proud of you. Keep up the good work. I'm sure running with me in February played a great role in helping you reach your goals! :)