Wednesday, December 1, 2010

He's Here!

Despite all the changes my doctor made, Ian decided he would be the one to pick which day he would be born. Around 11:oo Sunday night the 28th, I started having contractions every 4-5 minutes or so. They came out of nowhere, and I tried to ignore them, but they kept picking up. We decided to call the nurse at the hospital who told us we needed to come in so I could be monitored. Luckily, Jeremy's mom was already at our house, so we didn't have to figure out what to do with the girls.

We arrived at the hospital and they gave me an IV hoping it would stop the contractions. However, they continued to get stronger and closer together. Finally around 1:30 am, they gave me a shot that stopped the contractions and told us we would have a c-section around 6 am.

The surgery didn't get started until about 7:15 and by 7:38 am, our little guy was here! He weighed 8 lbs. 6 ounces, and was 21 inches long. Initially, I thought he looked a lot like Kennedy, but many think he looks like Ansley. We don't get to go home until Friday, so we are just hanging out and recovering for the next few days. He's doing well, and I'm feeling pretty good too! Here are a few pictures from our week.

This is from Sunday morning. Wowzers, I was huge! We had no idea what was coming that night!


Do you think they are just a little excited?



1 comment:

Davies Family said...

I love all these pictures, by I have to say that one of him and Ansley is super duper sweet!! Your girls and Sid will all have to wear their matching big sis shirts at Christmas. :)