Saturday, June 12, 2010

Princess Tiana and More

We've had quite an eventful week. Last weekend we were in Peoria for Betsy's bridal shower and then we had a family get together so everyone could meet Chad and to celebrate Kennedy's birthday. We came home Sunday and then Monday my mom and Dave stopped by for a couple of days on their way to Arkansas/Texas. Then Thursday, Jeremy's mom and sister stopped by for a couple of days as well. Kennedy has had the never-ending birthday with gifts coming all week long. I think it's all finally over. One of her gifts was a Princess and the Frog dress-up dress. Today, Ansley was wearing it and insisted we call her Princess Tiana. Here's a video of her in character:


Kennedy has had a quite a few funny things to say lately. When we were traveling to Peoria and were almost there, Jeremy told her we had only 3 towns left to go through: Tremont, Morton, and then East Peoria. As we were entering East Peoria, she said, "Have we gone through TreeStump yet?"

She was showing off a new shirt to her Grandma and told her we got it on sale. My mom asked her what "on sale" means, and her reply was "That we buy it!"

Ansley, on the other hand, is showing us quite an imagination. She spent an ENTIRE day pretending to be her cousin Caleb. She referred to Kennedy as Sidney (my niece), me as Stacy (my sister), and Jeremy as Brett (our brother-in-law). She would not step out of character either. If we would accidentally call her Ansley she would get mad and say "I not Ansley, I Caleb!" At one point, Jeremy said "C'mon girls, it's time to go!" and her reply was "I not a girl! I a boy and my name is Caleb!" It was quite humorous, and a bit embarrassing as we walked around the library with her saying "I Caleb. Stacy, wait up!" She is funny.

Here's a picture of Kennedy with another one of her birthday presents:






No comments: