Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Potty Training

Check out my baby in her big girl underwear! I decided last week to give potty training a go. After she held her bladder for over 14 hours with not wanting to sit on the potty, I gave up. I decided not to push the issue and wait until she was ready. Suddenly, a week later, out of the blue, she asked to go potty. Since then it's been smooth sailing. She hasn't had a single accident, wears underwear at all times (except for naps and bedtime) and tells me when she needs to go. I am so excited to be mostly done with diapers for a few months! She has yet to do #2 in the potty, but we have been having constipation issues, so I'm not forcing that one yet.

Potty training the second child is a lot easier than the first! I've even stopped putting pull-ups on her when we go places, because she loves to try out public bathrooms (ick!) so she always tells me when she has to go, plus I know she really can hold it for a long time if she wants too!

Although I think we could go diaper free at naps, I haven't tried that one yet. I'm not sure she'll do overnight yet though. Maybe we can be completely diaper free by December...just in time for baby #3! By the way, Ansley would not be happy with me for referring to her as a baby. A little 3 year old at church called her a baby the other day, and Ansley started crying saying "I not a baby, I a big girl!"

1 comment:

Gary, Megan and Beth said...

Good job Ansley! We are still putting diapers on Beth at naptime and bedtime. Because she is still waking up wet. We tried big girl panties at naptime. But, she wakes up wet from head to toe. We did have an accident at the grocery store the other day. We didn't get to the bathroom fast enough. And we left a trail of #1 behind us as we ran to the bathroom. I didn't have a change of clothes with me. That was interesting. I hope that she continues to do well.
Megan