Friday, May 28, 2010

Icky Sickies


Ansley woke up today just not quite herself. Her face was extremely pale, but she had no fever. She would do nothing but lay on me or the couch, so I knew something was up. About 5 minutes after me grabbing a bowl from the kitchen "just in case," she lost her breakfast. Unfortunately, I wasn't quick enough with the bowl and it got all over her, me, and the couch. Yuck.

Today I had promised the girls we would go to the mall and try out the cool new playground that just got finished. I was envisioning around this time we would be sharing a cinnamon-sugar pretzel and the girls would be playing their hearts out with smiles across their faces. Instead, Ansley is stripped down to a diaper, laying on a palette on the floor watching a movie, and I have stooped as low as to let Kennedy open a birthday present early so she can entertain herself with a new game to play on her Leapster computer. Meanwhile, I am cleaning the couch and myself.

It's a glamourous life I lead, I know. Well, I'm off to take all the couch cushions and pillows out to the deck to dry in the sun. On a good note, Ansley is now smiling--something she hadn't done all morning. Maybe all she needed was a good throwing up?

No comments: