Thursday, April 24, 2008

A New Approach




Kennedy and I had a little fun this morning on photo booth on the computer. Just thought I'd post a few. We are trying a new approach to potty training this week. We thought we had her completely potty-trained. For about 3 weeks she wore her Princess/Tinkerbell/Dora underwear with few to no accidents. Then Ansley was born. And boy did she ever regress--to the point she refused to even think about sitting on the potty. We've tried bribery, punishment, and just completely not worrying about it. But I'm sick of changing her diaper, especially when I know she can do it, it's just that she chooses not to! So I gave her a big talk about how if she wants to keep wearing diapers like a baby, then we are going to have to treat her like a baby. She will have to take more naps, and drink from bottles and only play with baby toys and eat baby food. (Maybe I'm a little harsh, but I'm desperate!) She did not like that idea at all, so I decided to incorporate a little more bribery into the mix. So I took her to a candy store at the mall and let her pick out whatever special candy that she wanted, to be her "potty candy" that she only gets to eat when she goes potty. She picked out chocolate basketballs, chocolate tennis balls and tootsie rolls. We had a nice little collection ready to go, when she saw the ultimate candy for her. Chocolate rocks. This girl loves rocks. We can't go anywhere without her stopping and filling her pockets with rocks. In fact one Wednesday night at church her teacher was telling the story about the wise man and foolish man. She brought sand for the kids to feel, so they knew what the foolish man built his house upon. However, the teacher forgot a rock to show, but luckily our future geologist had one in her pocket that she let the teacher use to finish the lesson. So I let her also get a bag of chocolate rocks. I think that she thinks they are too pretty to eat though, because she hasn't chosen them as her special treat yet. But, since we bought the special potty candy, we have been wearing big girl underwear and haven't had an accident yet. Knock on wood though, it's only been a day, but I'm hoping it works! Her final prize is a trip to Chuck E. Cheese when she doesn't have to wear any more diapers! Let's hope that's sooner than later!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So I really like your hair...and Kennedy's too for that matter. You are both ridiculously pretty! Can't wait to see you...and that baby...whenever that may be!!
Love you,

Cass