Sunday, August 7, 2011

My Pride and Joy


This little girl starts first grade next week. Where has the time gone? She is so excited and is anxiously awaiting the arrival of the special piece of mail that tells her who her teacher will be. The other day she said "Mom, I bet you'll be glad when I go back to school so you don't keep hearing me say 'I'm bored. What can we do?'" She's a pretty smart little girl. I do feel a little bad though, because between Ian's 2-3 naps a day, it has been hard to go do a lot of things. There have been days we've ventured out places and just hoped that Ian slept some along the way, but it probably hasn't been the most exciting summer for her. However, she did get to visit both sets of grandparents, attend VBS, go the the Magic House, go to the Science Center, go to the zoo, go to Six Flags, and swim...a lot. I'd say it wasn't too bad!


As for this little girl, I think she may be ready for her big sis to head back to school! We've had lots of fighting the past few weeks, and I think big sister cramps her style. Although she is certainly old enough for pre-school, we are going to wait and just send her for one year--next year--before Kindergarten. I do plan on doing some learning activities with her each day though. She loves to try to write her letters, but really doesn't know very many, so I think we'll start there! She's still obsessed with shoes, and just yesterday I went through some of Kennedy's old things and got out all the size 9 shoes we have. Ansley tried on each and every pair throughout the day and was so excited about them! Today she was telling me which shoes looked good with dresses and which ones didn't. She's hilarious.


This little man is growing like a weed! He's trying his hardest to figure out crawling, but still has not mastered that skill. He has 2 teeth on bottom and 4 teeth on top! Today he did his first sign language--for "all done"-- and he clapped for the first time! Big day for him! He is such a wonderful baby! He is so content and happy most of the time. For naps, I just put him in his crib, turn on his mobile, kiss his cheek, tell him good-night, and let him be, and he goes to sleep. He absolutely adores his sisters, and they get more giggles out of him than Jeremy and I can! Some of his favorite things are his jumper that we hang from the doorway, and Praise Baby videos. He also loves all types of baby food! I'm so thankful for all 3 of my kids!

No comments: