Monday, August 2, 2010

Deals! Deals! Deals!


I love a good deal! Today, on the search for our perfect new back-to-school dress for Kennedy I did my annual "buy Kennedy's summer wardrobe for next year" at Kohl's today. This time of year is a great time to stock up on stuff for next summer. Most of Kohl's shorts/tank tops/t-shirts are less than $4.00. This is the third year I have done this, and it is so great to not have to worry about it come next summer. Luckily she's always worn the next size up each summer, so it's worked out just fine. Today I bought her seven new outfits for next summer for less than $40. I even got little baby boy Picker a few outfits too! Unfortunately, the dress selection was less than stellar, so we made our way down to Target, where the perfect dress awaited us.

My Grandma Horsley had given Kennedy money for her birthday with the instructions to buy a new dress for school, and since shopping and dresses are two of Kennedy's favorite things, she was in heaven at Target. We were having trouble deciding, so for the first time in her life, I actually took her into the dressing room to try them all on so she could make her decision. After she found her perfect dress, there was no contest between the others. Her exact words were "Well at least Target came through with the perfect dress!" Here's a picture of my little, I mean, big girl in her new dress.

No comments: