Saturday, September 30, 2006

Stressed (Not really)


Busch Stadium
Originally uploaded by pick1230.
OK, I can't hold my silence anymore. I know most of you look to this blog as your source for picures of my sweet baby. I apologize, but I must vent about my beloved birds.

Why do they do this? They are on the brink of one of the most historic meltdowns in baseball history. 2 years ago it was the sweep by the Sox. Last year it was Oswalt and those cursed 'Stros who had our number (Lidge does not count because of the massive homerun the Pujols hit off him...have they found that ball yet?). This year, it's themselves! WHY!?

I have such fond memories from all of these seasons:
-When Jimmy Edmonds saved us in game 6 with a clutch homerun in 04 against the 'Stros
-Last year I ran around the house in my underwear ,jumping and screaming silently (as not to awaken the baby or my wife), when Pujols hit the farthest homerun I have ever seen (and consequently the sound of a packed stadium going silent in .68 sec...that must have been very eery). And then I watched them blow it at Busch two nights later.
-This year I had the opportunity to see my first game at the new Stadium with my brother Josh and friend Wes. (they beat the Cubs)

Anyways, I write all of this to say that all of you Astro fans out there are just getting your hopes up. The cards are going to win the division, and go to the World Series...Take it to the bank...I think

No comments: